Share Post: Free Cord Cutting Guide
Read All The Post In The Simple Streamz Cord Cutting Guide For Beginners
Free Cord Cutting Guide
1. Why I Finally Decided To Cut The Cord
2. Introduction – Cord Cutting Explained
3. Best Cable Alternatives For Watching Live TV
4. Choosing The Perfect On-Demand Video Streaming Service
5. Best Options For Watching Live Sports
6. The Best Streaming Devices
7. HD Antenna For Watching Local News, Weather, & Sports
Part 2 (Cord Cutting Guide): What is Cord Cutting?
Cord-cutting refers to the process of switching from a pay-TV subscription (cable, satellite, or telephone company) to an Internet-based streaming service such as Netflix, Sling TV, and Philo TV. The purpose of cord-cutting is to save a substantial amount of money each month. Cord-cutting has and continues to be a growing trend that has forever changed the way we access content.
When it comes to streaming options, Cord-Cutters today have more options than ever before. From free streaming platforms to popular low-cost options, it’s never been easier than it is right now to access quality entertainment at home and on the go.
Advantages of cord cutting include:
- Saves money
- Avoids having a subscription loaded with undesired channels
- No activation fees
- Cancel anytime. No contracts
- No cancelation fees
- Easy to get started
- No “cable box” or special equipment necessary
- Available across multiple platforms like streaming devices, computers, smartphones, and tablets
Disadvantages of cord-cutting include:
- Bandwidth issues (Streaming can bog down your Wi-Fi network)
- Unavailability of certain channels/programs
- Geo-restrictions (Some service providers may not be available in your location)
- The desired streaming platform may not be compatible with your streaming device
Another possible downside to having so much variety in the marketplace is that it may be a little harder to decide which options are best for you. That’s why I’ve created this cord cutters guide for beginners to help you answer some basic questions.
Tired of paying ridiculous prices for cable TV?