Binge your favorite shows at a guilt-free price.
Philo is a cable TV alternative that is perfect for cord cutters who are serious about keeping their costs down. With more than 58 channels available, Philo has the TV you love in an app you’ll love to use.
What Is Philo TV
Simply stated, if you’re looking for sports, news, and access to premium channels with a lot of add-ons, then Philo TV isn’t the right choice for you. You would probably be better off with a much pricier option like FUBO TV; which cost almost 3 times as much as Philo TV, but offers tons of local, national, and international news and sports channels, along with other premium channel add-on options. However, if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to cut the cord and you enjoy watching content on the “lifestyle” networks, then Philo TV might be the perfect choice for you. For only $20 per month Philo TV gives you 58 channels and lets you watch AMC, A&E, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, MTV, Nickelodeon, Viceland, VH1 & many more of your favorite channels at a price you can feel good about.
- Big Savings – Philo TV charges only $20 per month for access to 58 channels of live and on-demand content.
- 3 simultaneous streams – Stream live or on demand TV, on up to 3 devices at once.
- Unlimited 30-day DVR – Allows you to record and save unlimited shows for 30 days.
Philo TV has no contracts and no hidden fees! They offer a 7 day free trial that is easy to setup and does not require your credit card information upfront.
Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
Here’s The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly:
- It’s Cheap! – With plans starting at only $20 per month Philo TV offers an affordable inexpensive cable tv alternative for cord cutters.
- Has A Catchup Feature – Watch programs that have aired in the past three days
- Free Cloud DVR. – Record and save Live TV for up to 30 days with 30 hours of Cloud DVR storage at no additional charge.
- Works On Multiple Devices. – Stream TV live or on-demand on the web on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Devices, Android TV, Android Phones/Tablets, and iOS devices. (and up to three at once).
- No Local Channels. Philo TV doesn’t offer any local broadcasts networks. So you will need a digital antenna in order to watch any of the following broadcast networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and The CW for free.
- No Sports Channels. Philo TV doesn’t offer any sports networks. No ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC, or league specific channels like the NFL Network and NBA TV. Again you will be able to watch live sporting events that are broadcast on your local broadcast networks if you have a digital antenna.
- Few News Channels. Philo TV offers BBC America and Cheddar streams. No ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Or PBS. But again, you can watch your local affiliate stations with the help of a digital antenna.
- No Parental Controls.
How much does Philo TV cost?
Watch 7 days free. No credit card required. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
- 58 channels
Cloud DVR – Record and save up to 30 hours of live TV for 30 days
Watch Up To 3 Streams At Once
Similar Streaming Services
More Cable TV Alternatives
Fubo TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, PlayStation Vue and Philo TV let you ditch your cable company but keep the live channels and DVR. Here’s how they stack up.